Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Too Tired

I think I'm more tired then I ever have been in my life.  I'm not sure if it is the second child, the extra tutoring hours, or just because I turned 30 this year.  Whatever it is, I'm going to soon require a softer desk at work.

When I taught high school, I occasionally had a student fall asleep.  This could be somewhat embarrassing to the student, depending on what I allowed the other students around him to do to him, or the amount of drool coming out the corner of his mouth.  However, I don't think that would compare with falling asleep at work.  Let's say, for the sake of argument, I was allowed to keep my job.  There is no way my fellow employees would ever let me forget that I fell asleep on the job.

"Would you see if Aaron can take a call or if he is sleeping again."

A promotion would be out of the question.  "Well, Aaron, your marketing plan brought in 1.5 million in added revenue this year.  Your organizational skills have greatly improved.  But 7 years ago you fell asleep at your desk..." 

Thankfully, so far I have been able to up my caffeine intake to make it through the day.  Yesterday for instance I had to tutor from 9:00pm to Midnight.  By 11:00 I had ingested 3 cups of doubleshot coffee, and one Red Blitz Vault (R).  Of course that meant that to get to this point today, I had to drink 3 pots of coffee and 4 cans of Vault and 6 of the over-priced candy bars the Christian school is selling.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you're so tired. If it makes you feel any better, at the daycare inside my school, I often found the daycare attendant asleep under his desk while the kids ran amuck.
--Brandon