Saturday, February 14, 2015

2014 Year in Review Part 1

Jill and I had our first date on Valentine's Day eleven years ago. She didn't know she was starting lifetime commitment, but I had my suspicions.

Back in March we took the kids down to Florida. Jill is nearly as big a fan of warmth as I am and was willing to drive all night for a quick Spring Break trip. She let me take the boy swimming with sharks, while she fed turtles with the girl. Sunshine and warmth in March are fantastic things and we are still trying to figure out why we don't live in that climate.

In July we celebrated our 10th anniversary. About four years ago, we started saving money for a European cruise to celebrate 10 years together. Last year we bought a house, expending that savings account. Jill loves the house (it is pretty great) so there are no regrets, but we spent our anniversary stateside instead of visiting the Coliseum.

Throughout the year Jill supported me through fights with insurance companies, the ecstasy of a Royals World Series run, and many otherwise dull days that her love brightened. Every year that we have been together makes my top eleven list. She is the reason.

No comments: