Monday, October 16, 2006

Cannon's Sneeze

My three month old son, Cannon, did something interesting last night. He was sleeping in his bed. I went into his room to check on him. He was sound asleep. So I tip-toed quietly out of the room and just as I got outside I heard him sneeze. I immediately went into his room and found him (and this is the interesting part) asleep. Now, when I have seen Cannon sneeze in the past it is an earth moving experience. His body clenches up to approximately one-third his normal size then releases, expands out like an explosion on a sci-fi television show, before returning to normal. It is unlike a big person sneeze and reminds me most of a view from a video camera that is dropped on the ground – everything is normal then out of focus then normal and still again. Cannon is a light sleeper. When he is in bed we do not flush the toilet. I have learned which boards in the hallway don’t squeak and take large steps to get to them. There are several light switches which we cannot turn on or off once he is asleep because they are too loud. He can hear the refrigerator door opening at the other end of the house. Given the kind of impact a sneeze has on his body, it seems absolutely inconceivable that he could do it in his sleep, but I have seen it with my own eyes.


Speaking of Cannon look at this picture. This is his latest and really only trick. Even when he is very unhappy and screaming, I can put both hands on his chest lift him over my head and as long as I keep him there, he will make that face.

No comments: